That you have to "compost" your ticket before it's valid, that you have to weigh and price fruit and vegetables yourself before you buy them, that the French keyboard is hard to get used to.
The French are marvelous! I don't know what kind of experiences would cause the kind of stories I've heard but all I have to do is stand on a station or a street corner or at the checkout and look slightly confused and I get helped. And they very kindly excuse my rusty french.
My hostel is wonderful and everyone I've talked to here has been lovely. I was even given an adapter from an Australian who was leaving Europe and didn't need it anymore.
I've seen the Sacre Coeur, the Moulin Rouge (in the daytime) and the cemetary at Monmartre. Photos will be here eventually.
Picture if you will a man sweeping the footpath of leaves, only for the wind to pick up causing more leaves to fall. He had a rueful smile on his face and we talked for a while about futility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
that sounds so cool megan! did anyone think that you were french? and wouldn't you be able to get cheaper groceries by just saying it was less than it actually was?
yes that is truly amazing how people will help each other. you chould wip out a french speaking book and do that monty python skit were you insult them and pretend you were asking directions.
hope the next leg of the trip goes well love mum and dad.email about card when you get a chance
Nah, philip, I don't think that that would have been a very good idea. A stale baguette is a very dangerous thing.
And, yes lucy, someone did. It was pretty cool, but they soon realised when I couldn't say all I wanted too.
how weird is the fruit thing? Do they also make you wear gloves...
long time reader first tme commenter...
Post a Comment