Yesterday I celebrated my first ever thanksgiving, even if it was belated by two days. Thanksgiving involves, mostly, food. Turkey is key, and until yesterday morning there was not a turkey to be found for love or money in the Czech Republic. The intrepid cooks, my hosts, friends of the friend I'm staying with here, went out the morning of the event and apparently found a freezer bin full of the sainted birds at the local supermarket.
I am of the opinion, though, that they could have done with a quail because there was so much food there that we rolled around for quite some time before venturing out into the darkness, to a wonderful bar that seemed really small even though it was quite large because it filled the old wine cellars of some long-gone merchant above.
After the night, of course, comes the morning. This morning I woke to a call from home, and also to find that my mobile has seen fit to bestow upon me the rights of the globally roaming.
I am very thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just don't text or call, it's all I ask!
Post a Comment