26 November 2008

An updated opportunity

I called my lovely Breton today, and we have established that I would be welcome for the next time and that my voyage should be a good one. By "we" I mean "she" and by "she" I mean that I think that's what she said. Veronique - I would love to be as free as you one day.

I'm writing this from the apartment of a fantastic American lady, she is the reason that I can stay in Paris and the reason that I could put photographs up onto facebook and here and the reason that I feel a need to buy thousands of cds when I return to Australia. The soundtrack for this post is PJ Harvey, and the particular song is "White Chalk". She's not one of them, because I have (scoff, scoff) of course heard of PJ Harvey, but I have a list as long as my arm of artists I haven't and am now in love with.

For those who read in order to know what I'm getting up to overseas - I'm going to Prague tomorrow, and I spent the day at the Musée Rodin looking at some very expressive sculpture, going to the Tour Eiffel because I somehow missed it the first few times I was here. This afternoon I have been Amélie touristing - the apartment is in the middle of the locations they used for the movie and I now have photographic evidence of my presence at (or near) Palace Video, the cafe where she worked, Abessess metro station, the Sacre Coeur and other key sights.

Til Prague, then.

No comments: