18 January 2009

Ireland

Please forgive this terrible correspondent. I warned you that I wouldn't be as consistent as I'd like.

I caught a bus from London to Dublin last night. Normally this might not be possible, I was imagining the wheels turning into fins and the bus swimming across from Holyhead - but alas, no. Just a normal run-of-the-mill ferry crossing the Irish sea in gale-force winds. I slept through it though, goodness knows how!

Dublin in the daytime is pretty and fun. For some reason it feels like I'm travelling again, maybe it was being sick but the time I was in England didn't really feel like I was overseas. Everything was so familliar.

I look forward to any travel tips for Ireland that you, dear reader, have - but mostly I'm looking forward to looking. Those of you who have not been to Ireland before won't know how green the grass is. And wet the ground is.

1 comment:

Bec said...

Hey Megan,
I know what you mean about the grass - it's greener than we dare to make our AstroTurf here! Unbelievable!
Thoroughly enjoying your blog. Summer School was great.
Bec