29 January 2009

Just for a while back there

I've been listening to Tom Waits while driving through windy hillsides.

I've been listening to Leonard Cohen while sitting by the fire.

I've been reading Dylan Thomas and Seamus Heaney. I would, if it was at all possible, rather like to have a stroke that affected the language centre of the brain in such a way that instead of producing word salads I could only ever talk like Dylan Thomas' poetry. No one would have the faintest clue of what I was saying, but it would be beautiful.

I saw two Irish wolfhounds and a peregrine falcon yesterday. I petted two of the three, and felt that it was overall a rather aristocratic day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lol - sometimes, my lovely Megan, it is difficult enough for us to understand you as it is! :P

Megan said...

I know it! I do, and sorry, but it's just how it comes out.

Not like Dylan, sadly.

Dad_Baumhammer said...

hey, what is it with big dogs and you? I remember when you patted two great danes' while strapped into a stroller?
You spoke Like Dylan Thomas then!

Megan said...

I must have been a very advanced toddler. Why didn't you enter me into some kind of baby genius programme?

Richard said...

Loving your blogs Megan, I take it you decided not to attempt petting the falcon ;)